Event 4: Natural History Museum

For my fourth event, I took a trip to our  neighbors at USC, and visited the Natural History Museum. The moment I walked in, I instantly noticed a huge dinosaur model that instantly grabbed my attention. I got really excited because thinking back to my childhood, dinosaurs were all I would draw, and I haven't visited this museum since the second grade.



The main portion of the exhibit featured life size replicas of various dinosaurs. In some of the glass panels in the exhibit, it explained the complete skeletal structure of various dinosaurs, making me think about just how similar we are to many prehistoric creatures. In another panel, they told me about our closest relatives to the dinosaurs are a lot of birds, and aquatic creatures such as the turtle. The museum was filled with a modeler's visualizations of a dinosaur based on bone discoveries, and we were essentially allowed to look at their research. All of the technology used to excavate these fossils transformed these fossils into pieces of art. In many scenarios, people think that art has to be an abstract, but it can also be representations of our past, present, and future. 




I thought that the exhibit was very interesting to look at as an adult. Its definitely a time that I will remember because I will actually remember everything that happened, and there just so many links to my childhood. There's a lot of information to be gained at these museums. They tell us about a life before ours, showcasing  other moments in history. 


Can't forget to take a picture looking like a T-REX with a T-REX !

No comments:

Post a Comment