Event 2: Griffith

For my second event, I decided to go to one of LA's most notorious view points & museums, Griffith Observatory. This was the first time that I was attending Griffith not for the view point, but for the knowledge and representations of the universe we live in.

I walked around the museum, and I instantly thought that the models were pieces of art. The most eye catching was the periodic table of elements. With buttons at the bottom, it was an interactive learning piece, specifically highlighting certain elements that are commonly found together in terrestrial objects, is an example that art can compliment, and highlights science as a form of a understanding, and organizing information. Unfortunately, these glass boxes did not contain a sample of uranium, which I was hoping to glance at.



As I walked to the lower part of Griffith, I found that the museum did a very good job at representing information about space was very well thought out. The museum is truly a great place to learn about our world and universe, and with the detail in models that they have, learning is only amplified because the incorporation of art, technology, and our understanding of space come into one place. Art comes in many forms and shapes, but sometimes we have to think about the literal representation that it brings to the plate, and how it can help us understand and visualize a concept. 





I would recommend going to the Griffith Observatory because there's just so much knowledge to be gained. I think that it be a bit overwhelming, but if you just gain insight on how insane our universe actually is, it makes you realize just how beautiful life truly is when art and science & technology work in harmony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment